As a father, entrepreneur, Board of Education trustee, advisor, and Chairman, I am a often called upon to be leader, in many facets of life. I also firmly believe that every individual has the opportunity to become a leader, and that the very best leaders teach and inspire others to lead.
Whether you are an entrepreneur yourself, the head of a family, or the head of a team in a huge company, you may often be called upon to lead.
I’ve written before about the power of inspiring quotations to move us and others to action.
Here, now, are 17 quotes to inspire fantastic leadership:
- “Leadership is service, not position.” -Tim Fargo
- “A leader is a dealer in hope.” -Napoleon Bonaparte
- “A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.” -John Maxwell
- “No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself, or to get all the credit for doing it.” -Andrew Carnegie
- “As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others.” -Bill Gates
- “A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus.”
-Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Effective leadership is not about making speeches or being liked; leadership is defined by results not attributes.” -Peter Drucker
- “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” -Steve Jobs
- “Be the chief but never the lord.” -Lao Tzu
- “The speed of the team is the speed of the boss. “-Barbara Corcoran
- “Leaders think and talk about the solutions. Followers think and talk about the problems.” -Brian Tracy
- “Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other.” –John F. Kennedy
- “To handle yourself, use your head; to handle others, use your heart.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Management is nothing more than motivating other people.” -Lee Iacocca
- “Management is efficiency in climbing the ladder of success; leadership determines whether the ladder is leaning against the right wall.” -Stephen Covey
- “The price of greatness is responsibility.” -Winston Churchill
- “The key to successful leadership today is influence, not authority.” -Kenneth Blanchard
Which quote resonated with you the most? What makes a great leader to you? How are you going to be the best leader you can be?